Thursday, August 6, 2009

Reflections of Summer Part II

Our Next adventure was to Tennessee to visit my cousin and her family. Kim is really special and I loved having her all to myself ever if it was only for a few days.

Growing up basically an only child I always regarded her as a sister, whether she knows this or not I don't know. She has always just accepted me, mistakes and all. She has made her share of mistakes too and while we never talk about them, I think the similarity of our experiences draws us together even closer with an unspoken bond.

We went horseback riding along a mountain trail - which was very muddy and at time far scarier then we had planned on. We hung out by the pool and watched the kids swim while chatting about nothing in particular. And we went hiking in the Smokey Mountains. For me this was the best day because we just walked and enjoyed life with no pressure to do or say anything except take in the beauty God put before us.

I was so blessed that week and so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment