Thursday, August 6, 2009

Reflections of Summer

This summer I have done a lot of traveling. The first stop was to Savannah to visit my parents.

I say parents, but I don't think Will really considers me his step-daughter as he always introduces me as "Cindy's daughter". To me he is (beside my grandpa) the only real dad I've had. For years prior to their marriage, he was the one I often looked to for help and guidance and he was always there. I love to spend time with him and he is the only grandfather my girls have - they love him soo much and are always so excited to get to spend time with him.

Beside the great sunsets and beautiful scenery, the most beautiful thing I saw in Savannah this summer was him. It was Sunday morning at the end of church and the congregation sang "Here I am Lord". They had some sign language type movements that went with it and I looked over to Will to see if he would do them - doubting he would because that just isn't his thing. As I watched him, tears rolled down my face. He was lifting his arms, eyes, and heart to the Lord. Never have I seen him so raw - every bit of his soul exposed. I was the most beautiful thing I have seen this summer and is forever etched into my memory and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment